Phototrophic microalgae – Research lab
Our laboratories are set up for bioprospecting, strain selection and optimization, and microalgae cultivation and process optimization (TRL 3-4).
Available unit operations and utilities include:
- Climate controlled cultivation cabinets
- Screenatorium: bubble column photobioreactors for quick screening of different strains or cultivation conditions
- 2 highly controlled 25L-GemTube photobioreactors
- 1 highly controlled 250L-GemTube photobioreactor
- Centrifuges for dewatering (from mL to 100s of liters)
- Analysis equipment, including spectrophotometer, set up for dry weight determination, flow cytometry, etc.