The Aquafeed Technology Centre will address challenges related to the circular bio-based economy. Industries within this sector are searching for new and sustainable resources and use of all waste streams into value added products, such as food, feed, bio-based products and bioenergy.
ATC provides access to state-of-the-art laboratories and pilot scale facilities to meet future needs for research, process and product development.
These facilities are available for researchers, institutes and companies within bioprocessing, downstream process technology, extrusion and feed technology, and product characterization. The research facilities are located in the city of Bergen at Nofima, Norce and the University of Bergen, and at Mongstad north of Bergen.
Establish a state-of-the-art innovation center for research and development in:
- Fermentation and micro algae cultivation
- Bio-resource processing
- Extrusion and texturization technology
- Characterization of ingredients and texturized products
…to meet future needs for sustainable food production.
Finance and partners
ATC is part of “the Norwegian Roadmap for Research Infrastructure” and is a collaboration between Nofima (project leader), University of Bergen and Norce.
The board of ATC
- Tone Aspevik, Acting Research Director, Nofima
- Hans Kleivdal, Executive Vice President, Norce
- Svein Erga, Professor, UoB, Department of Biological Sciences
- Monica Jordal, Associate Professor, UoB, Department of Chemistry
The leader group of ATC
- Åge Oterhals, Senior Scientist, Nofima
- Dorinde Kleinegris, Senior Scientist, Norce
- Nils-Kåre Birkeland, Professor, UoB, Department of Biological Sciences
- Svein Are Mjøs, Associate Professor, UoB, Department of Chemistry
All users of the Aquafeed Technology Center infrastructure must acknowledge ATC in publications and other written material using the following standard text:
“The Research Council of Norway is acknowledged for the support to the Aquafeed Technology Center, ATC, project number 245883/F50.”